Stuck on supers

Status
Not open for further replies.

getgab92

Juvie Member
I have read over and over that beardies can get addicted to superworms because of their high fat content. I have also read that they are okay to give as a staple just not a lot. It got to the point I was tired of fighting with him so he gets about 5 supers a day.

The problem is I have been breeding dubia for over a year and now he won't touch them anymore. I don't know what it is. He used to love them. I have even left them in a bowl for like 2 weeks without giving him supers and he still didn't touch them.

Does anyone have aby secret trick I can try to get him to eat his dubia again?

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
supers are rich in fat they are defiantly more treats then staple.
what i would do is (as harsh as it may sound) but to starve your dragon from the supers. eventually he or she is going to forget what they are and want something to eat and you can feed them dubia roaches.
super worms: are like cake rich with flavor.
Roaches: are like a healthy hamburger. (fills dragon up faster)
i hope this helps! i know dragons can be the strangest of them all, picky eaters and love to do stuff to impress us :)

getgab92

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I did try this at one point and he lost so much weight I started feeding him supers again to put weight back on him. I can't remember how long I did it for but he just wouldnt touch the dubia. Not even if I hand feed them.

Maybe I will just have to try again. Or cut them open or something. I don't know..

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
getgab92":3d0t1s80 said:
Thanks. I did try this at one point and he lost so much weight I started feeding him supers again to put weight back on him. I can't remember how long I did it for but he just wouldnt touch the dubia. Not even if I hand feed them.

Maybe I will just have to try again. Or cut them open or something. I don't know..
Lizarto (she passed), she would be the same. i would then try to introduce her to crickets and roaches, she finally got a taste of a roach and she loves them. you can either try to feed him one when his mouth is open and he can chew on it. they don't like trying new things, but once they get used to it they would love it like they would for worms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom