Raw prawns ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I know Bea the old matriarch water skink who used to live in my garage often nicked raw prawns (small/medium) that I accidentially dropped when I was getting ready to go fishing or when I returned after an all night jewy fishing season ( raw bait prawns were used to catch live bait - yellowtail, chopper tailor and whiting and mullet in the late afternoon before my serious LBG fishing session started ) , I often saw her dragging away a thawed raw bait prawn from under the tailgate or workbench.

I know water dragons will eat yabbies and small freshwater and saltwater prawns, some water dragon keepers purposefully put small native fish and yabbies and prawns in their swimming ponds and they'll dive for them and catch them.

So what about beardies ? ....., sometimes I have fresh green school prawns on hand that I caught myself or bought to cook and eat , prawns are all protein and have very thing exoskeletons compared with other insects and should be a good treat for beardie when they are fresh and thawed and not chilled. Very little fat in prawns.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't know, they might carry some type of protozoa/parasite that beardies would'nt normally encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom