Carl- The Bottomless Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurierrt

Seriously, I think Carl is entirely hollow inside. I'm starting to wonder if I am overfeeding. He is going on 7 months old now and eats like every meal may be his last. I feed twice a day. Both feedings he gets a HUGE handful of beardie salad (turnip greens, collards, mustard greens, yellow squash, bell pepper, carrot) and his bugs. And he eats everything. I mean everything. Every last little scrap. It's not like I make him clean his plate before he can leave the table or anything! Lol! How much should I be feeding him?

P.S.- Even after all that eating, he sits in his dish and gives me the puppy dog eyes, as if to say "where'd all the food go?"

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Lol my Peaches is the same, currently going f through a massive growth spurt and won't stop eating :p I think it's difficult to over feed them unless they're only getting super fatty foods? Carl sound great! X

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Laurierrt":3dwbzy9u said:
Seriously, I think Carl is entirely hollow inside. I'm starting to wonder if I am overfeeding. He is going on 7 months old now and eats like every meal may be his last. I feed twice a day. Both feedings he gets a HUGE handful of beardie salad (turnip greens, collards, mustard greens, yellow squash, bell pepper, carrot) and his bugs. And he eats everything. I mean everything. Every last little scrap. It's not like I make him clean his plate before he can leave the table or anything! Lol! How much should I be feeding him?

P.S.- Even after all that eating, he sits in his dish and gives me the puppy dog eyes, as if to say "where'd all the food go?"

Wow you are lucky lol none of my babies really eat veggies they are under 1 year old. How much does he weigh?Like kingofnobbys said id be over the moon too!!!

Laurierrt

Original Poster
I am really pleased that he eats his veggies without me threatening him! All this eating results in a heck of a lot of pooping though. And when Carl is angry about his human slave's slow response time he likes to run through his poo and smear it everywhere. And if I'm especially slow bringing a meal, he expresses displeasure by pooping right in his empty dish. :roll:

Laurierrt

Original Poster
I am convinced I am going to walk into the room one day and Carl will be the size of Godzilla. His whole body is in shed right now and his appetite has not slowed down one bit. I think he spends all his sleeping and waking moments thinking about food. This morning, I walked into the room a mere 20 minutes after lights on and he was angrily scarfing at some crispy dried greens that he missed eating last night. Carl, dude, you've barely woken up. Can you chill on the eating for a minute? He gave me the nastiest look. Lol!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's actually not fat, he looks good. How many and what type of feeder is he getting twice a day?

Laurierrt

Original Poster
diamc":yxtjabuw said:
He's actually not fat, he looks good. How many and what type of feeder is he getting twice a day?

I just like to tease him about his cute pudgy belly! He gets BSFL and dubia roaches. He gets as many as he can eat in 10 min. He goes at it like it's a hot dog eating contest. When he sees me coming with his bug bowl he runs for the front of the viv with his tongue out.

jenp22

Oh my god this made me laugh so much!! Even the title!! I have Tia aka monster who is now over a year but when she was younger this was her hence the monster nickname. She would eat and eat and trash her tank when we weren't there to feed her. But after a while she stopped eating and was constantly sleeping. We took her to the vet and he said she had eaten so much and just had to slow down. Lol oops! He said feed them so that they always want more. We now have another wee boy Leo and are trying this method with him and it's so hard! That face he does when he wants more!! I think Carl does sound great as long as he's eating his veg too and not an overload of bugs. Tia nearly the size of Godzilla she's now on a slight diet. ?

BrightStar

Hatchling Member
I remember reading how baby dragons eat a lot. Then when I got Rygel, I thought he must be the odd one out, because for the first week or so, he only ate about 15-30 medium Phoenix worms a day. Now he chows down 100 large just for breakfast! My husband and I joke sometimes that after a big meal, he looks like a blimp and might float away at any moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom