Hornworms

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so the my local pet store employees and I are on a first name basis at this point. I get 15-20 crickets daily. This one guy has been telling me about this hornworm for awhile now. Today I finally decided to try one. I put this worm in his tank and he just looked at it and then looked at me. I swear I could read his mind and it wasn't nice lol. I decided to put the crickets in too. He attacked the crickets immediately, as always. After he ate the crickets he destroyed this worm and he loved it. What is the deal with the hornworm? Are there any health benefits? And I was told not to give it to him too often. What is too often and why?

Mordecai

Juvie Member
My dragon loves them too. Not sure I'm 100% correct but I believe they are mostly water so good for hydration but not to much protein. They are very filling depending on there sizes so I thinks that's why they say not to many at a time. I just bought 15 of them and right now they are so tiny but in a warm room the grow super fast. And can get really big. My dragon sees blue and goes crazy.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
My dragon loves them! I swear he has "Hornworm Radar." He goes nuts the minute they are in the house. Crazy!

ReptileMistress

Original Poster
Mordecai":3vm33k5l said:
My dragon loves them too. Not sure I'm 100% correct but I believe they are mostly water so good for hydration but not to much protein. They are very filling depending on there sizes so I thinks that's why they say not to many at a time. I just bought 15 of them and right now they are so tiny but in a warm room the grow super fast. And can get really big. My dragon sees blue and goes crazy.

The one I did get was a big juicy one. One minute it was there and the next minute it was gone. Whoosh! Lol. Glad to know it hydrates them cuz I never see him drink water but he's definitely growing and shedding.

ReptileMistress

Original Poster
RockysMom":25qeco6w said:
My dragon loves them! I swear he has "Hornworm Radar." He goes nuts the minute they are in the house. Crazy!

The more I get them I guess he will be on them just like the crickets. Mordecai said blue. The one I got today was green. Like a lime green. Is there a difference? They come in different colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom