Feeding

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Feeding

Postby Pokehuntertrino » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:35 am

I've just got a new bearded dragon and was told that she eats well but noticed that she hasn't eaten any of the crickets that has been fed to her... She seems calm but this is my dragon... Any advice.... Should I change her over to meal worms instead or wait it out...
Pokehuntertrino
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Feeding

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:59 am

Your dragon is going thru relocation stress --- its not uncommon for them not to eat for a few days --- shes needs to be fed salads every day and insects as well --- how old is the dragon? Make sure you have proper temps and being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate also a good UVB NO coils they are inadequate --- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia--- what is the size of the tank ? If any of the lighting or temps are off your dragon will not eat
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Pokehuntertrino » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:58 pm

KarrieRee wrote:Your dragon is going thru relocation stress --- its not uncommon for them not to eat for a few days --- shes needs to be fed salads every day and insects as well --- how old is the dragon? Make sure you have proper temps and being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- NO stick ons they are inaccurate also a good UVB NO coils they are inadequate --- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med Sunblaster or Arcadia--- what is the size of the tank ? If any of the lighting or temps are off your dragon will not eat

I do not know how hold she is but thanks I will be going to town we'd so I'll get things in order for her
Pokehuntertrino
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Post a pic of her and we can guestimate
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Pokehuntertrino » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:12 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
Pokehuntertrino
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:08 am

Things in order? What are you getting in town? Your dragon looks to be around 6-7 months old I am thinking --- I will have another person take a look --
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby AHBD » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:20 am

Hi there, I would guess 3-5 months at the most. Do you have a measurement ? Can you post a pic of it from above on your leg or lap with your hand next to it for scale ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding