Feeding Too Early (Cold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
So I'm freaking a little bit, because Smaug's lights weren't set for Auto today, it was Off all day long. I turned on her lights, but then fed her some crickets because she hadn't eaten today...which is so stupid, because she hadn't warmed up yet (house was around 71 degrees). She ate around 8 crickets around 45 minutes ago and is warming up now...I have the heat all the way up to warm up her basking area quickly, and I'm monitoring with a temp gun. She's about 89 degrees now, and I know she's got to be in the 95-100 range.

I've never done this before...wasn't thinking straight. Will she be OK as long has she gets a good two hours at the right temps?

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I think she'll be alright. After all, it was only one day right? Just make sure she goes back to a normal schedule tomorrow and all should be well. Us beardie parents love to worry, don't we? :wink:

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply YoursTruly. Her lights are back on their automation schedule, and yes...yes we do love to worry. Smaug is my first ever reptile, and I used to freak out about every little thing. Now that she's two years old, I don't stress nearly as much as I used to.

Thanks again.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
I understand! I will never stop worrying about my girl. She narrowly escaped death when I first got her, and I tend to freak out if she doesn't want to eat for a day or two. I'm highly overprotective lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom