My Beardie, Need Some Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonbytes23

Hey all i am new. i have had my beardies since may 2008 he is 15mnths old but he not active at all never has been only moves for food and bask once a week i tempartues are perfect and i dont no what si wrong with him. took him to vets they said he perfectly healthy. so now im stuck PLZHELP

jfm08

Hatchling Member
he may be going through his brumation stage.... its kinda like hibernation but for a reptile. since they dont sleep forever lol he will lose activeness and just kinda chill it usually hapens in the winter times. Also another reason could be the UVB rays? what type of UVB light do you have and how long has it been since you have changed the bulb... if its been 6 months you need to switch it out that could possiby be a reason.... but its probably the brumation if i had to guess.

renich

Juvie Member
anoher thing to remember is beardies do become less active as they age. it is significantly different after the 1 year mark.

dragonbytes23

Original Poster
I got my uvb bulb from my local reptile shop i asked what one was the perfect one for my beardie change it twice. Before i got him a previous owner caught his tail in the door and has a stump could the be somthing to do with it

renich

Juvie Member
can you check and see what kind of uvb bulb it is? we have seen so many times that pet stores give incorrect information when it comes to caring for bearded dragons.

i have been subject to misinformation from a pet store.

how long ago did his tail get caught in the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom