Question about hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youkai

Hatchling Member
Greetings people!! :mrgreen:

I had a question about my beardies hydration.
I was reading a post yesterday and someone mentioned these "water stores" on a beardies head and how it can be a sign of how hydrated, or dehydrated they are.
Is there any way someone can explain this to me? Where are these water stores located, what do they look like when a beardie is properly hydrated?
If at all possible, I'd really love some pics as well. Maybe a close up of a beardies head with the areas circled or something? Couldn't be too hard to do in MSPaint or something..

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it!!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Its hard to tell unless they're sunk in. When they're hydrated they should be puffed up and make the head normal shaped. When they are sunk in you see almost two big dimples behind the eyes.

head.jpg

Youkai

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AWESOME!!! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you SOO much!! :mrgreen: :blob5: :blob8:

My baby definitely doesn't have any indents in that area so she must be relatively hydrated. I'm still bathing her every night though, not taking any chances.
Glad to know that now, I learn something new here every day!! :wink:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I think it has something to do with being properly nourished as well. You also should pay attention to the little bones at the base of the tail. If they are sticking up where their fat stores are normally most apparent.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I think the every night bathing is a good thing to continue. It just ensures the hydration is there. I know my beardie does not drink water at all... so we have to bathe to get the water in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom