I'm new .. please help me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharlotte

Helllo all well my names sharlotte, nice to meet you all.

Right ... about drsgons, awh well ive wanted one for YEARS .. now finally im going to get one, i know how to look after one, what they can/cannot eat etc .. and the majority or stuff, but in regards to tanks and lighting etc im confused, we have only 2 reptile centre's in nottingham and their USELESS on what tanks to use and lighting but they jsut tlk bout the dragons themselfs,

i preferabl want 2 .. so they are not lonely, my mother is worried incase they have babies, so maybe 2 woman ... ??

will someone please just talk to me a bit bout them and stuff so ive got more of an idea etc ..

thankyou very much,

SharlotteXxx :blob5: xxX

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Sharlotte":e5583 said:
Helllo all well my names sharlotte, nice to meet you all.

Right ... about drsgons, awh well ive wanted one for YEARS .. now finally im going to get one, i know how to look after one, what they can/cannot eat etc .. and the majority or stuff, but in regards to tanks and lighting etc im confused, we have only 2 reptile centre's in nottingham and their USELESS on what tanks to use and lighting but they jsut tlk bout the dragons themselfs,

i preferabl want 2 .. so they are not lonely, my mother is worried incase they have babies, so maybe 2 woman ... ??

will someone please just talk to me a bit bout them and stuff so ive got more of an idea etc ..

thankyou very much,

SharlotteXxx :blob5: xxX
Hello Sharlotte
First welcome to the forum.I am going to attach of few links to care sheets for you you should review but I want to mention a few things specificall.Heating and lighting are most important.The best linear flourescent to use is the reptiSUN 10.0 or 5.0.Do not use a coil,compact uvb and stay away from the zilla desert series linear as well as the reptiglo 10.0.Also make sure you use a digital probe thermometer with a probe for the basking temp.Do not use the stick on or dial kinds they dont work very well.Also do not invest any money in those "bearded dragon kits" the pet stores sell you wont be able to use any of that stuff except for the tank.The smallest tank you should use for an adult bearded dragon is a 40 breeder tank and remember you want floor space not height they dont need it.Do not use calcisand,vitasand or reptisand no matter what the stores tell you.Those are just a few key things just make sure to to read the care sheets.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/caresheet/
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/GeneralCare.html
Edit:One more VERY important thing beardies are sollitary animals and I never recommend housing them together.You can NEVRer house males together they will kill eachother,Male and female will mate too often causing the females to be sickly and very rarely females can be housed together but I do not recommend it.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/impaction/
http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/vitamins/

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
i agree with the mod. dont buy two because you think their going to get lonely. that is the most common mistake for new bearded dragon owners. one of them will end up leading a lesser life because it is being bit on the neck and terrorized all the time. the more dominant of the two will claim the best part of the tank as their own while leaving the weaker dragon to huddle in some odd corner or hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom