Has anyone used Zilla's Gut Load Cricket & Insect Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaragon

Wow, it freaked me out!! I bought this product at a pet store a few weeks ago, and I finally opened the box to gut load my crickets. Inside the box was a small plastic bag with brown powder in it. I took a close look, and to my horror, the powder was moving, and it was packed with small bugs -- alive!! Is this what it's supposed to be?? Or did I happen to get a defective box?

This is the product I'm talking about:
http://www.zilla-rules.com/products/cricket-insect-food.htm

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
EWWWW!! I don't think that's supposed to be that way. I don't know how well you like your pet store, but I would take it back and throw a fit. I mean screaming fit.
Don't feed that stuff to your crickets. Feed them some greens and dog/cat food.
Remember, our beardies are what they eat; meaning what goes into your crickets goes into your beardie!

nbaragon

Original Poster
Thank you for replying!! That's exactly what I wanted to know, and exactly what I thought, too... I actually already threw it away. It was like 3 dollars, so I didn't want to bother to go return it to the store. And more importantly, I didn't want to keep it in my room another minute!! I can't believe this box was sitting in my room for the last few weeks...

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
nbaragon":775bd said:
Thank you for replying!! That's exactly what I wanted to know, and exactly what I thought, too... I actually already threw it away. It was like 3 dollars, so I didn't want to bother to go return it to the store. And more importantly, I didn't want to keep it in my room another minute!! I can't believe this box was sitting in my room for the last few weeks...

Holy smokes, I don't know how long that stuff had to be sitting around to get contaminated like that. Odds are, it came from the factory that way. Keep this in mind, as I will, when considering any Zilla 'food' product, of any kind. *shakes head in disgust*

Good for you for throwing it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom