New beardie or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tram

My dragon has been very very lifeless recently, people have suggested things such has giving him a bath, changing his diet and adding new accessories to his cage, but these have had little or no effect.
There is something I have been considering. Buying a new dragon. I wondered if he could be lonely. I bought him when he was 12 weeks old, hes now a year old, he hasn't been in contact with another dragon since then.
Tell me what you think please, is this a good idea or a bad idea?

Thanks.

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Bad idea. Generally, they live alone. While it's not uncommon to see somebody who keeps two together, it often results in an overall deterioration in health for both dragons.

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
I agree that adding a second idea would be a bad problem. If your dragon isn't behaving correctly then there's a good chance that it is sick or something else is wrong, and the stress of adding another dragon into the environment would only make things worse. Dragons don't generally pine for others of their species, especially if he's been on his own since he was young. Chances are much more likely that something is missing in his husbandry, he has parasites, he's going into brumation, or he has some other health problem that needs to be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom