need your help once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandi0906

Juvie Member
long story short, one of my beardies stopped eating 3 weeks ago . ' i thought maybe he was getting ready to go down for the winter ' however i knew i needed to check a fecal first. I decided to bring him with the sample . I saw a different vet but at the same place. His fecal was loaded with coccidia ' too many to count' she gave me sulfa/trimethoprim 0.2 ml once a day x 1 week and A/D canine/feline food to force feed him three times a day.
Just wondering if i have the correct antibiotic ' dont remember what i gave my other one being it was 2 years ago' and if i should be giving him this food ? I'll start him on probitocs tonight before starting the med. I'd appreciate any input.

tami

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Sulfa meds are for coccidia but they sure are harsh on their poor systems. Semi has had that same drug a long time ago and it kicked a super high coccidia count but it is really harsh. Albon is another med for coccidia. My vet also has given me that A/D canine/feline food but a better slurry is mixing their greens with feeders and blending. Since he is on a sulfa med, I would add a bit of liquid such as pedalite to help with hydration issues.

When my two is in brumation, I make a greens/veg juice to feed them to keep them hydrated. Magick is on her way into brumation but not quite there and Semi was but I pulled him out because of a respiratory issue I am dealing with.

sandi0906

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thnak you,
and yes that would be the antibiotic he gave me for sandi albon i didnt think this one looked the same. Hmm the slurry ive tried to make it before with no luck my blender just didnt blend everything 'not sure what im doing wrong' but i will give it a whirl . Thank you again and i hope your little guy gets well soon.

tami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom