Transitioning Beardie from assisting feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2-3 month old beardie, who recently stopped eating on his own and had become very weak. Had him tested for parasites, came out negative. Somehow I believe it was the lighting affecting him. I adjusted his uvb lighting and that seems to be working a lot better. Anyway, I started to assist feed him live feeders, with the approval from a vet. I am wanting to get him back to eating all on his own but am currently out of ideas as to how to go about this. Any ideas, suggestions?

Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for a UVB --- is it a coil or tube? Where in the tank? And basking temps what are they are how are you taking them? No stick ons please they are inaccurate
Karrie

DjangoFettbeardie

Original Poster
Hello karrie

I’m using a tube, zoomed t8 10.0 that is on the basking end of the tank. I have digital thermometers on each end, basking is about 100-105 and cool side is 74.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok is the T 8 inside the tank w/ no clear plastic cover over the bulb and basking decor 6-8 inches directly above?

DjangoFettbeardie

Original Poster
Yes, I use to have the t8 on the outside on top but did some reading/research and placed it on the inside. It seems to be a significant change. My beardie eats and has lots of energy now, but is not trying to make an effort to catch the live feeders on his own. I have tried all sorts of live feeders that he could possibly eat but only eats with me putting it in his mouth.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Try getting some BSFL and adding to his salads when you feed him - I would do this first thing in the morning for his morning feeding then take some dubia roaches after his salads and add to the salads as well - see if he will go for them in the bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom