Beardie doesn’t like heat emitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSpyro

Every time I turn on the ceramic heat emitter at night, my beardie runs off of his basking rock and glass surfs all over the place. Eventually he tires out and falls asleep. Is this normal? (This is only day 4 with our new baby bearded dragon)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It may be heating the tank up too much -- what is the temp in the tank when you turn it on? You only need the CHE if your tank is falling below 65 --and not above 75-- you need to get a temp in the morning of the tank before lights on -- I would leave it off and see what his behavior does

BeardieSpyro

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30vm9r91 said:
It may be heating the tank up too much -- what is the temp in the tank when you turn it on? You only need the CHE if your tank is falling below 65 --and not above 75-- you need to get a temp in the morning of the tank before lights on -- I would leave it off and see what his behavior does

Thank you! So this morning I checked the temperature (on the bottom where he slept and it was about 75°. The temperature of the basking rock which is elevated was 90°. I also checked Spyro’s temp and he was also in the 70s. Is that good? (It gets really cold in my house and plus it just snowed this morning)
I will double check the temperatures again tomorrow morning.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Usually the tank will go to what the house temp is set at unless hes in a really cold room -- check again tomorrow morning but the 75 is good --- but normally the tank will go w/ in a few degrees of the house - hes not sleeping where the 90 is and it shouldnt be 90 at nite that is too hot

BeardieSpyro

Original Poster
KarrieRee":283d5109 said:
Usually the tank will go to what the house temp is set at unless hes in a really cold room -- check again tomorrow morning but the 75 is good --- but normally the tank will go w/ in a few degrees of the house - hes not sleeping where the 90 is and it shouldnt be 90 at nite that is too hot

Okay thanks so much! I will keep monitoring it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom