New fav treats for Cleo and Caesar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Caesar loves to eat mealworm pupae and lavae and beetles off the carpet as treats on his "fasting day" (every other day).

Cleo has now discovered she likes mealworm lavae too, she likes them presented to her in range of her tongue , not so keen on the beetles, but doesn't mind the nice juicy pupae if I hand feed them to her.
Her new favourate treat is to drink water droplets off a round food tub lid , loves a drink and I have to watch the depth of the water ( as she really goes for it an presses her nose into the water and laps it up like there is no tomorrow ) , and does a lot drooling in the process. Never had such good drinking in a dragon , Cleo's a guzzler !!

Neither of them get more than 6 mealworms in a sitting , just a treat.

Neither are real keen on the green leafy stuff , fortunately the crickets they get as their staple are and so the pair get their greens prechewed inside the crickets.

Coming up on their 2nd BDs soon so it's early days with getting them more into the salads.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear they're doing well =). Keep trying with the veges, they'll come around eventually.

Moved by Moderator from General Discussion to Feeding.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Well I never ….

Caesar was having floor fun time this afternoon while we were eating lunch , thought he was at the window next to our front door ( one of his fav places ) when climbed up the front of the lounge onto the seat next to me of his own accord ( used a couple of boxes that are there as "steps" ) and then snuggled into the side my leg and stared up towards my eyes ….

If that's not showing affection I don't now what it is …. yes I responded by stroking his back ( he loves that ).

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Seems buk choy is yummy .

Cleo and Caesar cleaned up about 1/2 a big leaf between them this after ( given by hand by me )
So the deal is crickets & bsfl on every other day , and now greens with a few mealworm pupae or worms on live bug free days.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Blueberries …. got some in to have with raspberries , blackberries mixed with Yoplait Strawberry as healthy desserts .
Caesar & Cleo weren't sure of them whole, so cut them into quarters , and gave with buk choi , I think they both liked them as once they got a taste they were wolfed down .

One each as a treat.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
CooperDragon":27x7apgy said:
Lucky kiddos getting some nice variety =)
It's the spice of life ….

Caesar seems to really enjoy is feed of buk choi greens every other day ( I do slip a few mealworms in with the shredded greenstuff ) .
Cleo is less fussy on the greens , she likes both buk and puk choi greens ( Caesar refuses to each puk choi - spits it out ).
Cleo & Caesar now also gets their crickets & BSFL with buk choi on bug days .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom