Estimated adult size? 3 month old is 13 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoA

Hi,

As a background, my lovely male beardie is 3 months old as of yesterday. I'm keeping track of his weight + length each week, and today he weighed in at 80 grams, and a snout-to-tip length of 13 inches (!) I couldn't believe it so triple checked.

I can't find many resources online to track whether he will grow to be a larger beardie just from this, and I understand that they all grow at different rates. But, anecdotally, would it be fair to assume he will grow to be the full size (approx. 24 inches) by adulthood? I've only come across reports of 3 mo. olds being 9-11 inches.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Leo, that is a fast growing dragon ! You're right that they all grow at different rates, some dragons are 8-10" at 3 months but some are much larger like yours. It's not uncommon though and fast growers don't all end up larger than other dragons. Still, it will be fun to watch him grow and see his size at 2 years. :)

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah my baby was 15 in at 5 months but she has slowed down she's at 9 months now haven't measured her lately they all grow at different rates though doesn't necessarily mean she's going to be big when grown we'd love to see pictures though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom