Weird question..maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have kind of a weird question. Do beardies get gas or have to burp? My babe is suuuuper scheduled so her routine has been lights on every day at 6, she basks until about 7-7:30 then poops and eats. It’s literally been like clockwork. This morning she got up like usual and did her basking and pooped...but hasn’t eaten yet. She seems normal except keeps beard stretching and puffing her body up and holding her breath for a few seconds. She does this usually daily but not typically as many times as she has this morning(4-5 times). As I type this she just got down and ate a bunch of her greens but left her roaches alone which is weird..usually more of the opposite lol. So to get to the point lol, do they get gas/upset stomach like people and other animals would? Is it typical that some days she’d rather have salad than bugs? I’m probably over thinking this all but she’s been sooo regular with just about everything that her switching it up on me today has me all paranoid lol. Thanks as always for any advise you have ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds like shes getting ready to go into a shed and yes all the behavior shes doing is normal --- its when they stop basking stop eating become lethargic and no pooping is when you need to be concerned--- right now shes doing her thing-- it is also not uncommon for them to go long periods of time w/ no pooping --- that too is normal -- so dont panic if she doesnt poop at some point for like a week or so -- just make sure shes eating bugs her size for her -- no sand or other digestible substrate like loose substrate that would cause impaction ---
Karrie

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
Thanks, Karrie. I figured I was over thinking it, I’ve just been so spoiled bc she’s been so regular about literally everything that one time of her switching it up got me a little worried lol. She was in partial shed when I got her 3 weeks ago and finished but she has grown quite a bit so I’m sure it’s possible she could be ready to shed again. As far as potential impaction from substrate, she’s on vinyl flooring so no worries there.
Thanks again for all the help! ?

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
This dragon is turning me into a paranoid freak lol. It’s 7am now and her lights have been on for an hour and she still isn’t out of bed. She’s awake but not getting up like usual. She ended up eating her bugs yesterday and finishing the day fairly normal after the weird start...now she’s doing it to me again today lol. I feel like a whacko getting worried about every single thing she does that’s different from the days before...I think I need to stop reading the forum for awhile bc all of the stories on here of sick dragons are making me paranoid ?

And of course as I type this, just as yesterday, she got up and is now basking? I’m such a freak show!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sometimes they are late risers -- so dont panic if she decides not to get out of bed till noon -- mine do the same thing --
Karrie

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
Sooo glad you told me that...that will help avoid another freak out I’m sure lol. I have got to stay off the “beardie er” page lol ?.
Thanks as always for all your help and quick replies! ?

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie worries me too sometimes. I'm a paranoid mama. I tried putting in his new hide this afternoon and he started doing some really weird looking sideways walking and butting his nose against the glass. I freaked, thinking the sealant on the hide isn't dry enough and I've gotten him high on fumes. Then I realize the string to my hoodie is hanging down on the outside of the glass and he's hunting it. Duh. But I stayed a bit paranoid because he seemed lethargic outside on our daily walk....until I remembered that he likes to nap after our walk and I'm an hour later today than yesterday.

I'm pretty sure we are normal. Not crazy beardie moms, right?

SarahBancroft

Original Poster
That totally sounds like something I’d do! So glad I’m not the only paranoid one lol. Crazy beardie mom? Of course not..although my husband may beg to differ ??

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
SarahBancroft":2wmjb04b said:
I have kind of a weird question. Do beardies get gas or have to burp? My babe is suuuuper scheduled so her routine has been lights on every day at 6, she basks until about 7-7:30 then poops and eats. It’s literally been like clockwork. This morning she got up like usual and did her basking and pooped...but hasn’t eaten yet. She seems normal except keeps beard stretching and puffing her body up and holding her breath for a few seconds. She does this usually daily but not typically as many times as she has this morning(4-5 times). As I type this she just got down and ate a bunch of her greens but left her roaches alone which is weird..usually more of the opposite lol. So to get to the point lol, do they get gas/upset stomach like people and other animals would? Is it typical that some days she’d rather have salad than bugs? I’m probably over thinking this all but she’s been sooo regular with just about everything that her switching it up on me today has me all paranoid lol. Thanks as always for any advise you have ?

All animals that can throw up can burp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom