Trouble eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

Hello...Oscar is a year old give or take a month or two. I have had him since July(about 2 mon old). He has NEVER been big on his salads and I have kind of noticed all along he did more pecking at greens then eating then almost as if he was having trouble. I noticed today he looks like he’s missing quite a bite of teeth. Maybe this is why? He has no issues eating crickets, dubias, or hornworms. HELP! Attached is a pic of teeth
106350-6105718212.jpg

I cant speak on how many teeth they’re supposed to have and im no expert but mine was always picky on greens and vegetables. Dandelion or butternut squash was the only thing he would eat except worms and crickets. If hes eating live food with no problem idk if its his teeth and he probably just a bit picky on vegetables

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
I don't have much knowledge of beardie teeth, but I've read that their front teeth can grow back if they are somehow knocked out, however since so many of them aren't visible I can't see how that could have happened. My best guess would be that nothing is wrong, especially since Oscar is still eating live food. Dubia roaches and crickets are much harder to chew than greens, so I think if he was unable to chew his greens, he certainly wouldn't be able to eat crickets or dubias. I can't recall seeing much of my beardie's front teeth either, and she's never had any problems with chewing her food. Also, if you look closely at the photo provided you can see little bumps which could be the teeth. Again, I'm not an expert in this matter but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Like mattmarraj said, Oscar's probably just being picky. You can try giving him some new foods if you have any available, a popular list used for finding foods safe for beardies is http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html if you don't use it already! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom