My dragon has a weird white spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdarrah513

XIMG]
Hello,
I am fairly new to beardies. I have about a 10 month old named Thor(female). She has always been a great eater, all of a sudden she hasn’t been eating much. She wouldn’t ever eat a horn worm. I thought maybe bermantation. I am nervous this spot the dar ring around got dark in the water. I touched it softly and no issues until i got to the to top right she jumped and swatted me away. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do i attach pictures

Mdarrah513

Original Poster
106921-1201304030.jpg
106921-4272333453.jpg
106921-1351611480.jpg

This is the enclosure. It is a 60 gallon. She eats superworms horn worms, crickets, sometime greens but it’s a fight. That’s all she’ll eat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Boy I don't know about the white spot- one of the others on here will haft to look and see what they think--- looks like she's got a nice home-- what is in the other dome next to basking bulb?
Not sure why she's not eating-- what do her poops look like? They should be firm dark and moist - urate- should be firm moist and white-- it's good she's eating some greens she's still young and needs her protein-- how about hydration is she drinking water?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Definitely odd. In the picture the side looks really bloated or swollen. Is this the case?

What uvb bulb are you using? In that picture she looks quite close to the bulb. How close is that? about an inch or so?

-Brandon

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello,

There's a few things I notice from your pictures;

She looks WAY too close to the heat bulb. The white spot looks like a burn mark. Which would be caused by her being way too close to the heat bulb. A Minimum distance would be like six inches away, With all of mine I keep the bulb at least 8"-10" away with a 60W floodlight and it gets the job done well. Any closer And there could be risks of overheating and burns.

So now, I'd say your setup is really nice and you've got a good start, but I would suggest lowering the basking platform down a bit or raising the bulb higher and away from the tank via a stand or something. You also need to find a way to rig the UVB bulb underneath the screen as screens block 40% of the UVB that is being output. Which is not good.

You can ask almost any of the regular/veteran posters here and they'll show you some ways how to rig it under your screen. What I do is go to the dollar store, get some chenille stems/pipe cleaners and use those to poke them through the screen and hold up the fixture like this: View media item 60490View media item 60658
Also is the substrate you're using A loose particle substrate like sand or walnut shell or something? Or is it a solid substrate like paper towels, tile, or carpet?

She does also look rather bloated or swollen on her side, which is concerning combined with the not eating. I would suggest a visit to an EXOTIC reptile vet (not the usual cat or dog vets) to check out the bloating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom