Daylight Savings Time

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Daylight Savings Time

Postby ComicBookMama » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Do you reset your beardie's light timer during DST? Right now, I've got the lights on at 7 and off at 9... with DST this weekend, that would mean lights on at 8 and off at 10 if I don't reset them. I'm wondering if Figment would really notice either way...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1.0 Bearded Dragons - Figment
1.0 dogs - Ariel
1.0 cats - Skimble
1.0 husband
1.0 son
ComicBookMama
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Daylight Savings Time

Postby claudiusx » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:08 pm

I do but only out of convenience to me. There schedule is setup to vibe with my schedule... so if my schedule changes theirs has to too haha.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
claudiusx

Postby kingofnobbys » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:33 pm

I don't adjust my light timers for DST .

They are set to come on 6am, and go off 9pm and I never change this. In my location 6am is the latest sunrise in the year ( mid winter ) and 9pm is about the latest end of dusk in mid summer.

It's very easy to adjust for DST on my electronic lamp timer ( I only need press the DST button ) , but I can't be bothered doing so.

Your dragon wont care, Figment will mostly be on her own internal clock and will be taking cues from your activities and natural light coming in.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : new rescues Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, juvenile Cheakie (M) 21Oct19
Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Drache613 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:04 am

Hello,

I normally don't reset timers too much, maybe by 30 minutes or so. They just know the time,
no matter what you set the timer to. LOL

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion