Cat and beardie getting along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
ladyoriza":2tazhnq6 said:
It's a shame, as Malachi could use some stimulation (and a buddy, frankly) in his old age
I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong; BDs DO NOT need "buddies"--ever, especially if they've lived most of their lives solitary.
Do bearded dragons need a buddy?

From: https://animals.mom.me/can-two-bearded-dragons-kept-together-9489.html
Living Alone is Optimal
Wild bearded dragons are solitary creatures that typically go about their daily business by themselves. They don't need or crave interaction with others to be content and healthy. ... Your bearded dragon won't be lonely and upset if he doesn't have a friend, so throw that worry out the window.
And from this site:
My beardie needs a friend
...and many, many others.

Stimulation, OK, if it doesn't cause him undue stress, but no buddies. :wink:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MrSpectrum":3sn46bsn said:
ladyoriza":3sn46bsn said:
It's a shame, as Malachi could use some stimulation (and a buddy, frankly) in his old age
I'm sorry, but this is just plain wrong; BDs DO NOT need "buddies"--ever, especially if they've lived most of their lives solitary.
Do bearded dragons need a buddy?

From: https://animals.mom.me/can-two-bearded-dragons-kept-together-9489.html
Living Alone is Optimal
Wild bearded dragons are solitary creatures that typically go about their daily business by themselves. They don't need or crave interaction with others to be content and healthy. ... Your bearded dragon won't be lonely and upset if he doesn't have a friend, so throw that worry out the window.
And from this site:
My beardie needs a friend
...and many, many others.

Stimulation, OK, if it doesn't cause him undue stress, but no buddies. :wink:

Only "buddy" your dragon needs is his pet human for snuggles , and to ensure his house is kept clean , and he's provided his food , and his UV and temperatures are kept at correct level.
He doesn't need another species of animal as company.

Only time two dragons seem to get along well together ( live harmoniously ) is if they are raised from hatchlings together and either M+F or F+F , and it depends a lot on the space provided and provision of more than one hide and basking spot and how the feeding arrangements work .

I currently have Cleopatra and Caesar who were similar aged hatchings when we bought them cohabiting ( currently 7 months old ) and they seem to genuinely enjoy being together , the smaller Cleo bosses Caesar about ( very assertive ) , Caesar is 2x bigger than Cleo , I think genetics in play as I hand feed them to ensure each get's their fill.
I don't think Caesar knows he's bigger than Cleo , I think he thinks she's the same size as him because they've been reared together ( by the breeder , then by myself ).

. Will this harmonious existance last ? Don't know , will be upgrading each to their own individual forever tanks soon ( in middle of home and yard improvements so has to wait ) , or separating them the moment I see even slightest hint of aggression.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Personally I won't take ANY chances with any of my pets. If the possibility of harm is there, I will not allow it at all, I love my pets..... especially my dragon Charlie!
I have a cat, a dog, fish and a dragon. The dog and, cat agree to not get near each other (arranged by the cat when the dog first showed up), the fish wellllll you know. My dragon is never gonna be put in the mix for his own safety and, my mental stability, lol!!!
You guys can do what you want but, is it really worth the risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom