What do I do if we need to get pest control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
I have a beardie and a gecko, I’ve seen a few roaches in our apartment and I’m freaking out. We might need to bring pest control in and I don’t know what I need to do for my lizards. Do I need to bring all of their stuff wherever we have to stay while they do it? Is it even safe for them? Has anyone had this issue? ?

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hello,

It would be ideal for you to bring all their stuff, but not necessary, depending on how long you're out of the apartment. Any idea how long that would be? Also, do you know what pesticide would be used? I can give you a better answer once I know more.

Thanks,
-Ellen

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pest control encompasses many different things. You likely dont need to do anything if all that's going to be done is perimeter spraying or bait traps.

Usually they wouldn't fumigate unless other methods were tried first, at least in regards to roaches, or if the infestation was large scale.

However, if they are going to tent and fumigate, it would be best to remove everything out of abundance of caution. The chemicals they use when they fumigate don't leave a residue.. but personally I'd feel more comfortable not leaving the enclosure in the house during the process. Most places state you dont even need to clean your dishes before using them after fumigation. I'd tend to ignore that advice and that's also why I'd remove the enclosure. But technically speaking, you could leave it if you wanted to.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom