Would like to donate Superworms to Bearded Dragon Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loverofdragons

Hi there!

I would like to donate Superworms to reputable Bearded Dragon Rescues (whatever form they come in, actual businesses or independent) that are near where I am located or where I travel. I am located in Northern Ontario near North Bay but I travel South to Toronto fairly regularly so any anywhere close to Highway 11 south all the way to Toronto would work really well. I can meet people too if they are willing to come toward that general direction so I don't have to go a huge distance out of my way. I also head to Hamilton once in a while so a place near there would also be possible.

I raise my own Superworms and they have done extremely well. I always have way too many of them (like thousands and thousands) and its super slow selling them on Kijiji in North Bay, even for very cheap. When I do end up selling them it is for very little and in small quantities which doesn't really alleviate the build up of Superworms that I am experiencing. I'm totally okay with selling them for cheap to be honest. It doesn't bother me. I like breeding them which is weird but whatever, and I use them for my own beardies. Its nice to help out other beardie lovers because Superworms are expensive and the small amount I get for them helps subsidize the enormous amount of squash, collard greens, and substrate (oats, bran and cornmeal) I feed them.

I would really like an outlet for the large build up of Superworms that I keep having happen though. I have all different sizes, from tiny to at least 2-3 inches. It would be really nice to donate a large amount to someone who is rescuing Beardies and could really use the extra food. Even if I could find multiple rescues I would happily drop them off whenever I am on my way through.

If anyone knows of any places or people that I could contact or that you would recommend can you please let me know?

Thank you :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is so nice & generous of you!
We have a forum here on site called "For Free" that I suggest you post this in as well since
you are not charging a fee for them. Hopefully your Fellow Canadians will see this. I know that
there are several people or rescues up that way who would be thrilled to receive some nice &
healthy superworms.
I will send people your way if I come across some. :D

Tracie

Ellentomologist

Hatchling Member
Hello,

May I ask how you breed your wormies? I have been trying forever but have never had much luck!

Also that is super kind of you to do! Good luck!

Thank you,
-Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom