Has any body heard of this lizard harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPandS

Juvie Member
JumpinJellyfish":2xn55jmh said:
Do you happen to have a link to that one, or at least maker/product name?

I got that one on Wish, not sure if you've ever heard of it.
https://www.wish.com/product/5965d801b6fdd90d8931865b
EBay also sells them if you want to look there. I can't find any tag for the actual brand but they all seem pretty similar. Some have the build in shade and some don't, some have a thicker canvas bottom and some have a bit thinner almost plastic feeling (I'm guessing polyester) bottom. I've even seen waterproof mats that fit inside that could make clean up a little easier if anyone poos in them but I just use a towel.

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Hello there! Looks like you've got excellent input from peoples! I use both a harness and a mesh cage for my Tampico. The harness is reserved more for walks around the neighborhood while she's on my shoulder or while I'm holding her. The cage is for when we're home and I want her to get some natural sun and let her enjoy the warm air :)

Both I bought off Amazon. Haha

Winged harness
101206-5337923174.jpg

Mesh cage
101206-1949145650.jpg

uscpsycho

SandP":3vmeyo4c said:
I used to use a kitten harness, I wanted to bring my first beardie outside and happened to already have it. It fit and I felt like it was secure but I didn't like how it went around her neck. It was just too restricting. So I got her something she could be in completely unrestrained but also secure.
103231-8217008360.jpg
Each of my girls have their own so they can both be out at the same time
Wow, I have this exact same dog kennel. I guess I'm not the only one who thought that was a good idea for letting reptiles sunbathe.

I was originally going to use it for both my beardie and uro but my beardie is so calm when I take him outside. He just sits in one spot and soaks up the rays. My uro, on the other hand, runs all around that thing and loves that there is mesh on the sides so he can climb the walls.

As for the lizard harness, I tried and Rufus will have nothing to do with one. That was a huge fail here.

uscpsycho

It has been a couple of years since the last time I tried a leash and Rufus hated it, as I mentioned in the previous post. But I decided to give it another try and he didn't mind me putting it on him this time. But he just sits there, won't walk or anything. No signs of stress either but whenever I take him out (with or without the leash) he just wants to sit in the sun and never moves.

Are your dragons like this? Anything you do to get them to walk around with the leash on, or are yours just natural walkers?

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mine is terrified and runs when outside, but last time I brung him out he just sat on me and puffing up like 2 times and didn't run, but I bet other calmer dragons just sit there calmly

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
uscpsycho":1irna3vg said:
It has been a couple of years since the last time I tried a leash and Rufus hated it.... But I decided to give it another try .... But he just sits there, won't walk or anything. .... he just wants to sit in the sun and never moves.
Sounds like a lot of cats I've seen put on leashes! They've been known to "bug-hunt" too.
Coincidence? :lol:

SPandS

Juvie Member
I always thought the idea behind using a leash wasn't to necessarily walk them but more to keep them from running off if something were to spook them or they just wanted to make a break for it. Even in their pens my girls are pretty laid back and usually only move to get in or out of the sun.

uscpsycho

SandP":3lu6rqf6 said:
I always thought the idea behind using a leash wasn't to necessarily walk them but more to keep them from running off if something were to spook them or they just wanted to make a break for it. Even in their pens my girls are pretty laid back and usually only move to get in or out of the sun.

Good point.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
SandP":1t83zrt4 said:
JumpinJellyfish":1t83zrt4 said:
Do you happen to have a link to that one, or at least maker/product name?

I got that one on Wish, not sure if you've ever heard of it.
https://www.wish.com/product/5965d801b6fdd90d8931865b
EBay also sells them if you want to look there. I can't find any tag for the actual brand but they all seem pretty similar. Some have the build in shade and some don't, some have a thicker canvas bottom and some have a bit thinner almost plastic feeling (I'm guessing polyester) bottom. I've even seen waterproof mats that fit inside that could make clean up a little easier if anyone poos in them but I just use a towel.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom