Growing and growing fast

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Growing and growing fast

Postby Jaxson » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:32 am

What are the odds a beardie will go from 6inches head to end of tail to 12 inches head to tail within 2 months? Well he’s actually 11inches and it’ll be 2 months since we had him on the 7th. He is still shedding.

What’s happening?
What could have possibly been wrong before we got him?
Is this growth normal?
Still can’t tell the sex yet, he doesn’t jump at his reflection. He hates veggies.
We got Jaxson when he was roughly 2 or 3 months...6inches long.
He’s just growing super fast.
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Growing and growing fast

Postby Jaxson » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:41 am

What are the odds a beardie will go from 6inches head to end of tail to 12 inches head to tail within 2 months? Well he’s actually 11inches and it’ll be 2 months since we had him on the 7th. He is still shedding.

What’s happening?
What could have possibly been wrong before we got him?
Is this growth normal?
Still can’t tell the sex yet, he doesn’t jump at his reflection. He hates veggies.
We got Jaxson when he was roughly 2 or 3 months...6inches long.
He’s just growing super fast.
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

Re: Growing and growing fast

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:00 am

They have growth spurts - nothing went wrong its just the way he is -- and its good- I hope your tank is going to allow him to get the full size he can get --
Karrie
KarrieRee
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Jaxson » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:01 am

KarrieRee wrote:They have growth spurts - nothing went wrong its just the way he is -- and its good- I hope your tank is going to allow him to get the full size he can get --
Karrie

Yes I’m getting a bigger one Friday. I saw a 55gal that opens in the front. I just bought a new basking/day light also because ours blew out. it’s 100W it says intense basking light on the package. When I get the bigger tank, I’m getting a new UVB light also
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:42 am

They grow at different rates. I'd consider the fast growth you're seeing a sign of health and just catching him during a growth spurt. You'll likely see some lulls in his growth from time to time too. They usually reach full size around 18-24 months but often growth slows at 12-18 months or sometimes earlier.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Jaxson » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 am

CooperDragon wrote:They grow at different rates. I'd consider the fast growth you're seeing a sign of health and just catching him during a growth spurt. You'll likely see some lulls in his growth from time to time too. They usually reach full size around 18-24 months but often growth slows at 12-18 months or sometimes earlier.

Thank you 😊
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

Postby Drache613 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:18 pm

Moved & Merged by Moderator
Drache613

Postby BeardedMabel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:48 am

yeah louie grew pretty fast and then he slowed down a bit. hes 6 months old. id say your guys growth is normal. [Click image to enlarge]
BeardedMabel
Newbie Poster

Postby Jaxson » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:12 am

BeardedMabel wrote:yeah louie grew pretty fast and then he slowed down a bit. hes 6 months old. id say your guys growth is normal. [Click image to enlarge]

Thank you. This helps a lot.
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

Postby Jaxson » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:13 am

CooperDragon wrote:They grow at different rates. I'd consider the fast growth you're seeing a sign of health and just catching him during a growth spurt. You'll likely see some lulls in his growth from time to time too. They usually reach full size around 18-24 months but often growth slows at 12-18 months or sometimes earlier.

Thank you for this information.
Jaxson
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion