Moving a bearded dragon

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Moving a bearded dragon

Postby Oskarflosquirt30 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:23 am

So I have a two year old dragon named squirt. I’m moving to Colorado (possibly Oregon) in a couple months. I defiantly don’t wanna leave my beardie here. It’s about 20+ hrs drive from northern Michigan to Colorado. I have no idea how to move squirt with me. I have heated seats but idk if I can’t hook up a lamp. His tank is big and idk if I’ll be able to buy a smaller one. Depends on how cheap I get get one....any ideas on how to move him?
Oskarflosquirt30
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Moving a bearded dragon

Postby AHBD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:19 am

Hi there, you'll have no problem, just get a small animal carrier or old gym bag and line it with newspaper and/or an old towel. Put shredded newspaper in to absorb a mess if he has to poo. Just keep the car room temp. + he'll be fine. :) Don't feed him the day of the drive at all, he'll just lay low or be busy digging at his newspaper. Put his tank in the back , no need for a light on him during the drive.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion