Beardie tail tip fell off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone my about 6 year old beardie iggy about a month ago tip of tail was darker and was bleeding a little bit upon looking closer starting from the tail tip to about a inch and a quarter up it had what I believe was retained shed since it was dark for awhile and when I peeled it off it came of like shed that took a little picking to get off and about a week after that the very tip of the tail shriveled up and got black and hard and I read a few post that said it was natural and so on and some time after that being today I notice the tip must've fell off and the place were it fell of had a little blood and the wound looked like good skin so to speak but can't help but notice the top part of his tail looks a little darker then the rest of his tail and the underside looks a tiny bit darker. But it would be appreciated if anyone could give me insight and advice on what to do and if i should be worried mainly because there is literally no reptile vet near me thanks again.

Here are photos:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2kzriu9fg/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It looks damaged but hopefully the dead tissue came off completely. I would focus on keeping the end clean and use some plain neosporin or manuka/unpasteurized honey to help protect it from infection. If the area above the broken tip starts to look wounded or shriveled it may indicate infection has taken hold and a vet should be consulted quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom