Tiny white bugs in biotank

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandaKing

Got these tiny white bugs climbing in his food dish an under the dish, tiny almost like a ant but isn’t. Iv checked him out an vet has an nothing on his body at all they don’t seem to have any interest in him besides his greens an occasional dead bug body I see them in like a dead cricket under his bowl or near his poop. No clue what they are an before I decide to dump an sanitize his entire enclosure figured I’d see what they are an if they are beneficial.
100541-8452802300.jpg
100541-6400689250.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Look like springtails, part of the cleaner crew in a biotank. Did you add any c.c to your tank ? How long has it been set up ?

PandaKing

Original Poster
No c.c been added yet, an idk if they springtails since they crawl like ants not jump that why I’m so confused. Don’t wanna add c.c till I know for sure an it’s been up a few months now I just been cleaning his food dish out an poop as he goes

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They probably came in on a plant or some leaf litter. What is your substrate + what plants do you have ? Any pics now that my curiosity is up ?

PandaKing

Original Poster
No plants as of yet, an it’s organic top soil/sand mixture. His basking log and a hammock. Still figuring out which plants I’d wanna put in the if he got hungry was safe. Ordering c.c Thur if these tiny creatures are safe

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Something came in with the soil then. As for safe plants, they will probably be eaten and/or dug up + trashed, much to the delight of the dragon and much to your dismay.

PandaKing

Original Poster
What would be some good plants? An this is his enclosure until I finish making his new huge one cause he kinda got larger then expected lol our female is like 10in smaller an same age.
100541-3927646498.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom