Sleep time yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauly

So I've tried to keep Nachos up but it seems like he's down for the long haul. It's November first and he's already sleeping more if not all day. Last brumation began in January and he was only 5 months old. Now he's a tad over a year but is beginning his brumation end of October beginning of November, is this normal? Plenty of heat is provided as well as live food and veggies, yet he just won't eat and wants to sleep. Does he need a really good soak before deep sleep comes in? Should I keep his basking light on or off. A lot of people say to keep it off due to not cause stress to their biological clock others say keep it on because they wake up and roam. Although mine never woke up to roam last time he remained in his cozy the entire 4 1/2 months. As of now he has found his way under his cloth blanket and has been there since 3 days ago. Wants nothing to do with his basking portion of his home. Since he went to sleep earlier can I expect him to wake come Spring?

Linds

Do you track his weight? You want to be very sure that it’s brumation and not illness. If it’s brumation, his weight should not drop or only go down a small amount. If there is any significant weight loss, see a vet. Other than that, I would keep the lights on.

Jauly

Original Poster
Linds":5xu8phui said:
Do you track his weight? You want to be very sure that it’s brumation and not illness. If it’s brumation, his weight should not drop or only go down a small amount. If there is any significant weight loss, see a vet. Other than that, I would keep the lights on.
Yes and he hasn't lost any weight. I keep his basking light on for some part of the day but as soon as 6pm hits I just shut if off. I still put a small amount of veggies in for him as well just in case and empty it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom