I dont know what my baby is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive purchased a baby two days ago from the Petco an hour away. Great personality and he has been waving to me all day! BUT he does this breathing thing like he has hiccups. He did it the day we came home and Ive noticed it today. Could it be a upper respiratory issue? He came with a 30 day vet warranty so Im considering running him back up there if it persists but I was hoping for some insite to what it may be.

-Stephanie

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I am no expert like some on this group as I've only had my bab nearly 5 months :) so from reading this forum nearly every day night :) a sign of waving is possibly a sign of stress, just not use to being out of his tank yet, it could also be a sign of going to shed skin and the hyperventilating (breathing in and out) means that they are just try cool down there temp as not use to normal fresh air at moment :) so give them some good loving, some crickets, correct lights / temp and they should slowly settle down :) sorry if I maybe wrong :(

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Put up a video on UTUBE …. so we can see it ….

But

Let me guess - he's been put in a glass tank .

Very likely he's seeing reflections of himself everywhere he looks and he's telling the "ghost" beardie he's friendly and is submitting to (himself) it.

The head flicks are little headnods …. another sign of submission.

This can be remedied by lining the inside bottom few inches of the glass walls with printer paper - needs to be his line of sight …. he'll no longer see the ghost unless he climbs here than the reflection barrier.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A video woulds help a lot, but if he is doing the hiccup thing throughout the day every day then it's very likely a resp. infection.

shenderson2772

Original Poster
He has done it while in the tank and while I've had him outside of the tank. Ive tried recording it but he stops the second I hold my phone up. But im not giving up.

I will call Petco today and discuss having him seen. Thanks everyone!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
shenderson2772":31j0axop said:
He has done it while in the tank and while I've had him outside of the tank. Ive tried recording it but he stops the second I hold my phone up. But im not giving up.

I will call Petco today and discuss having him seen. Thanks everyone!

No …. bugger Petco.... find a local independent REPTILE vet and take your dragon to them , then demand compensation from Petco if they have sold you a sick dragon (to cover vet expenses and meds).

I would not trust any "vet" employed by the petshop chain to give a proper diagnosis or provide more than the most token treatment. Sorry but they have a very strong incentive to lie to the customer and do the least they can (as it all cuts into the profit margin for each animal sold).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom