Odd Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKACZMAR

Fred is almost 9 months and exhibiting odd behavior and hoping someone could help me figure out what’s going on. She’s very social and I take her out daily and snuggle with her almost every night to put her to sleep. Last Sunday I took her outside for the first time and she was so excited and very perky. She stayed with me but I could tell she very much loved it. I haven’t changed anything with her viv. All temps are good. She is eating great and pooping normal. I noticed yesterday that she’s glass surfing a lot. She’s never done this before and is more interested in that than basking. Today when I saw her doing that I put my hand in viv and she ran to me wanting out. I picked her up and she was thrilled to be with me. Today noticed the same and same scenario. I let her run around in our living room to get some energy out and she ran around happy as can be. Then she pooped but wasn’t anything other than nitrate and what looked like a gel substance? Never have seen this. Her colors are normal. No darkness, no stress marks, no flaring...no behavior at all to indicate she’s stressed. Is this all simply because she wants out to be held? As much as I would love to do that all day obviously this isn’t good for her. I’ve kept it to no longer than 15-20 mins each time and have her in her blankie If she’s resting with me. Thoughts? Anything to be concerned about? I just feel so bad that she’s scratching so much to get out.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The poop sometimes comes out that way and I wouldn't worry about it. It does sound like she wanted to explore her surroundings which is great. I'm glad you let her out. She can be out of her tank at room temp for quite a while and be OK. Just be sure to vacuum and pick up small bits off the floor so she doesn't eat them. Block off areas she can get stuck under etc. You can even set up a portable basking lamp for her to return to when she wants to warm up. She may also like to sit in a window sill and look outside. That's always a favorite of my guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom