Mites??!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayn3bow09

Hatchling Member
Hey guys. I recently got my baby from petsmart unfortunately.. but the day I brought him home, I found a moving black dot on his head..which I figured out was a mite! Had to b.. it was too little to even tell it was a bug besides the fact that it was moving. Eww :? Anyway...I didn’t see any others.and haven’t since then.. after I found it I gave him a warm bath.. and gave him a lil toothbrush scrub down. Firstly, is it possible he just had the one straggler from the pet store? Or could he still have them without me noticing? I’m going to goto petsmart and ask if they can give me mite medicine since they gave me a dragon with mites! :angry5:

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Rayn3bow09":1z65x0hf said:
Hey guys. I recently got my baby from petsmart unfortunately.. but the day I brought him home, I found a moving black dot on his head..which I figured out was a mite! Had to b.. it was too little to even tell it was a bug besides the fact that it was moving. Eww :? Anyway...I didn’t see any others.and haven’t since then.. after I found it I gave him a warm bath.. and gave him a lil toothbrush scrub down. Firstly, is it possible he just had the one straggler from the pet store? Or could he still have them without me noticing? I’m going to goto petsmart and ask if they can give me mite medicine since they gave me a dragon with mites! :angry5:

PLEASE go get mite medicine/spray just in case. Mites spread easily and I know this because my sister in law houses geckos together (social ones, don't worry,) and never had a problem UNTIL ONE decided to have mites the next day because she forgot to quarantine. Next thing we knew, all of the geckos had mites.

I recommend products
https://www.chewy.com/natural-chemistry-reptile-mite-spray/dp/132115?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Natural%20Chemistry&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw77TbBRDtARIsAC4l83lSJ2vxjlCCc_lr6_5uU2i7IlHf1VrbHUPuJW3gYwUxsD_xgDA57goaAheQEALw_wcB

https://www.4fishies.com/provent-a-mite-reptile-mite-spray.html

https://www.bigalspets.com/jurassipet-mitewipes-26-pk.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o1&scid=scplp28677&sc_intid=28677&gclid=Cj0KCQjw77TbBRDtARIsAC4l83nkxaQ6rmtYjdthHGIGO8HHp5XvGFnjXvqCvh7uEUSGEJAE4ECnTHAaAsn5EALw_wcB

If you have any wood decor, check it over to see if mites are there. Scrub down your reptile carpet with HOT water and soak it in the water before letting it dry. If you have your beardie on paper towels/newspaper throw it out completely and put them on something light like paper towels so that you can see little mites crawling around.

There could still be mites on him and mites can start coming in without you seeing them even after 30-90 days. Usually 30-60 is the max,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom