Male and female in the same enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragao

Hi, I found someone selling two babies dragon with they habit, one is a make and another a female. Can both live together in the same habitat?
I am doing a lot research before I get them but I need more help.

Thanks!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Dragao":37m2q8ud said:
Hi, I found someone selling two babies dragon with they habit, one is a make and another a female. Can both live together in the same habitat?
I am doing a lot research before I get them but I need more help.

Thanks!!!

Only temporarily while very small.
Best to separate then and raise them in their own personal tanks.
Options are :
> take the existing tank and partition it into two equal sized partitions (will need to make adjustments to the lighting (a shared basking globe and shared t5ho 12%UVB tube in a shared reflector hood) will work if the basking light is placed directly over the blocking ( can't be seen through) partition and the T5 tube is half over each partition.
> or invest in two same sized commercial tanks and stack them.
> or do as shown here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480

Separating them will ensure both have equal access to food and basking , and eliminate the risk of one being dominated by the other resulting in one thriving the other not , and takes away the risk of one attacking the other. Bearded dragons are happier living alone, only meeting other bearded dragons very briefly at mating season.

Dragao

Original Poster
They are siblings and 3 months old. When do they start matting? I need to know so I can separate them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Dragao":2hzi7vh2 said:
They are siblings and 3 months old. When do they start matting? I need to know so I can separate them.

You'll wind up with dominance problems a long time before she is mature enough and large enough to mate and carry eggs SAFELY.

They need to be separated RIGHT NOW ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom