Bearded dragon age Unknown HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

smarc

Ok so my Bearded dragon is called Bernard however I got him in late July oh 2017 I've been quite afraid almost of him and not been bonding with him however he is not to aggressive anyway his tail is very short (missing a lot) it is only 14 cm long and so I can't messier him to determine his age as well as this I also have some other questions witch I will post at a later date but I'm trying to bond with hike more

Also I will admit to being quiet lazy as I don't not often get hims clean water (I clean bowl about 1 a week but do top up water more or less every day) and I don't always feed him every day or if I do it's not that much I want help to get less lazy etc

I would also like to ask if his set up is okay and that he is missing a foot and most of his claws might upload photos if you want please reply

I'm new btw to beaded dragons as I am only 12 thanks

Maybe make a schedule for feeding and ask your mom to help, also tell her to buy a variety of greens for him. Since your dragon is at least a year old or more, he should be starting to eat more veggies than insects. Use this website to see what and what not to feed him.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Buy some collard greens/dandelion greens/mustard greens/endive/escarole etc and also offer some fruits. You should be offering him a giant salad everyday that is mixed with 2-3 different varieties. Good insects to feed are roaches/crickets/black soldier fly larvae/silk worms. Make sure to feed your crickets and roaches things like carrots or greens so that they're healthy and nutritious for your dragon. You should also have a proper UV light like this one;

https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26061-Reptisun-Fluorescent/dp/B00AQU8HAO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1528843272&sr=8-2&keywords=t5+ho+reptisun

It's important to have a long UV light and not a compact light bulb which is useless and can cause illness. Ask your mom for help if you must
Adult bearded dragons can go a couple days a week without feeding, however, continuously under feeding him is NOT fair to your pet, because he has no choice than to be under your care. If you cannot provide the right care and you find yourself to continue being "lazy" or overwhelmed, I would suggest re-homing your dragon to somebody who can handle it. I would rather you just properly take care of him and be able to make great memories with him because they're great pets, but they also take a lot of work so I am on the dragons side here.

P.S - they don't need water bowls. They don't really drink water in the wild, they live in semi arid desserts. They receive their water from their veggies and insects, so offer your insects water too. Adding water dishes in their cage can raise the humidity which can cause illness. You could put some drops of water on his nose to see if he licks it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom