Beardie has been "hibernating" for a while now. HELP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tgu

Hi, I'm new to both this site(I also put this on the ER discussion but it might be better here) and bearded dragon raising. I've had my beadie since she (we are pretty sure its a she) was about 4 weeks old. She turned 1 in late Nov of 2017. So I've never dealt with hibernating. She has been "hibernating" for the past like 3-4 months. At first she just would sleep for a while and sometimes come out to eat. After a while she stopped coming out to eat. I have to force her to get out of her hide and come eat (was that a bad?! :( I hope not) Now for the past 3 weeks she is usually awake but doesn't want to leave her hide. If I take her out though, shes perfectly fine. Not angry at me in the slightest. But now if I get her to eat she only eats a smaller amount than she used to.

As for her normal diet. Sadly, keeping crickets (the only bug I am willing to keep) are a little hard to buy over and over because I never have the time to leave my house for that. Instead I feed her "National Geographic adult Bearded Dragon Entree" they are moist pellets. I feed her mustard greens and kale, switching them out when I run out of the other one. I try to feed her greens in the morning because I have to leave before she even gets up and when I get home I feed her the pellets.

Like I said, I am new to EVERYTHING and no one else in my house has owned a beadie, or a reptile, before.

Questions I need answered (anything else helps too)
1. Is this normal?
2. What am I doing wrong
3. Any diet ideas?

Please help, is there something wrong or is this normal and I'm over thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom