Change in poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Paranoid Dragon momma here.
Spike is in the middle of brumation. He eats every other day and at that time he eats either Phoenix worms or Crickets. Before he entered brumation, he would eat his crickets, and then would have greens with mango for “desert”.
Now that he is brumating, he is not eating his fruit and veggies like he used to. I thought nothing of it, because his metabolism has slowed down at the moment, but tonight when he was getting his bath (so he could go poop), he
only had the urate and not the solid brown/green he used to do. Now, I’m worried again. (I’m sorry, but we lost our last beardie to impaction so I’m kinda paranoid). The night before last he ate at least 15 medium crickets, so there should be more than just the urates I think.
He just doesn’t want his veggies now that he’s brumating. I don’t want to feed him much, but what should I do?
He gets a bath every other night. And usually has a good poop at that time. So I’m thinking “stuff in=stuff out” basically.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I wouldnt be too worried. Completely different reptile but my baby tegu sometimes just does urate after a meal when i bring her out to go to the bathroom and then while she walks around she eventually goes poop. Oddly just like some beardies she holds it in until shes out of the enclosure and on the floor.

SpikesMomma1956

Original Poster
Yea. I’m not THAT worried....yet. I know I am paranoid about him, but I’d be broken if he died from impaction.
If he doesn’t have anymore than urates on Monday, I’ll call the vet just to make sure.
Yea, he has a habit of pooping in my daughter. ?
Hmmmm maybe I should get her to come over and hold him for a while. ?
Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom