Worried for young gravid beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtxollie1

Okay so, my cousin has a beardie and the beardie is 1 years old. She has half a tail missing from a hatching so I'm unsure of length and am unsure of weight because she isn't with me. She is only small. She has laid a clutch of eggs TWICE already. The first 1 and second was roughly 2 months apart. She is now gravid again 1 month later. The eggs are infertile and she isn't with a male or any other beardies at all. What is the best thing to do with her diet wise to keep the weight up. I was going to suggest doubling her live foods and put calcium power on at all times and giving her fatty foods such as was worms a couple times per day. What do u guys think. All I want to know is the best diet for her right now. This should be her last clutch but I just want to make sure that we lower the risk of her getting mbd. Her laying like this is very random at her age I know. Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a lot of eggs. Since they require so much calcium, I would offer calcium rich foods like collard greens as well as calcium dusted bugs and foods like squash which would offer plenty of hydration.

Gtxollie1

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2gpedgef said:
That's a lot of eggs. Since they require so much calcium, I would offer calcium rich foods like collard greens as well as calcium dusted bugs and foods like squash which would offer plenty of hydration.

Thanks, I'm starting to think that she is a rankings too cus her head is quite small and she s small and her last clutches were 7 eggs and 11 eggs which I originally thought she would be egg bound

PetPhotog2

I have a young beardie approx 14 months old. She laid 29 eggs 30 days ago then 26 today. I give her repashy grub pie, zilla veg snack mix, greens-mostly collard, squash, apple, and live crickets dusted with calcium. Should I do anything more to supplement her diet? I'm getting really concerned. She's still lively, poo looks normal. But that is so many eggs!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, to the original poster, your dragon is not a chance a Rankin's. No Rankin's weighs anywhere near 400 grams. Pet photog if you want to start a thread on your girl that would be good, then the replies won't be associated with the original poster. Just feed your girl well, lots of calcium but not overdone, keep her hydrated + he should be fine. That's an average amount of eggs for a healthy dragon. I've had dragons lay over 200 + eggs in one season [ almost all fertile so they're even bigger ] and they still bounce back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom