Help!!! My bearded dragon is coughing up hairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuelGreen

Please someone reply because my dragon is constantly spitting and coughing hairs up his throat and when I pull it out he makes a noise I need answers please reply to this and give me some help because my dragon could have a problem

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bearded dragons are not able to cough (they don't a chest diaphragm), he is actually sicking up hairs he has eaten, and if there are that many, it's very important to work out where he's finding them and how he's been able to ingest them .

Hairs can accumulate in the GIT and cause a very serious blockage and also impactions , I STRONGLY SUGGEST you ask a REPTILE / HERP VET to examine him and take xrays and ultrasound of his GIT to determine the extent of the problem and a treatment plan - surgery may be necessary to remove the accumulation of hairs.

This is a serious issue so I wouldn't wait to see the vet.

SamuelGreen

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1qgtxs8z said:
Bearded dragons are not able to cough (they don't a chest diaphragm), he is actually sicking up hairs he has eaten, and if there are that many, it's very important to work out where he's finding them and how he's been able to ingest them .

Hairs can accumulate in the GIT and cause a very serious blockage and also impactions , I STRONGLY SUGGEST you ask a REPTILE / HERP VET to examine him and take xrays and ultrasound of his GIT to determine the extent of the problem and a treatment plan - surgery may be necessary to remove the accumulation of hairs.

This is a serious issue so I wouldn't wait to see the vet.
thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom