Baby bearded dragon or rankins dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenhal

Hello guys I recently got my bearded dragon and never was told what kind it was frankly because I never thought to ask. I was reading online that it might be a rankins dragon. However the pet store said it was a baby bearded dragon but I just want to make sure that I do in fact have a bearded dragon that is going to grow big and strong and not stay as small as it is. I’ve had it for about 3 1/2 weeks now and I have noticed some growth. If anyone can look at the pics I will attach and determine what it actually is that would be awesome thanks.
94774-3615228469.jpg
94774-9069562512.jpg
94774-3345431369.jpg
94774-8210214893.jpg

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
No, it's not a Rankins, just a normal baby beardie, about a month or so old...Rankins have a different shaped head...

Looks like an adorable baby beardie to me!
Don't worry about the growth too much, if you're constantly by its side then its hard to tell the difference. Weekly/monthly pictures might help measure the growth. And weight also.

Make sure its eating though - if you do notice a lack of appetite be sure to make a fecal test at the vets, mine had some parasites so they stunted her growth - but once she came out of brumation she grew like crazy!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MorganaTheSatyr":3kewtgkd said:
Looks like an adorable baby beardie to me!
Don't worry about the growth too much, if you're constantly by its side then its hard to tell the difference. Weekly/monthly pictures might help measure the growth. And weight also.

Make sure its eating though - if you do notice a lack of appetite be sure to make a fecal test at the vets, mine had some parasites so they stunted her growth - but once she came out of brumation she grew like crazy!

Buy a set of glass topped kitchen scales (that weigh to 1kg and +/- 0.05g , and invest in 2L oblong food tub , and weigh the little hatchling at the same time once a week, and keep track of it's weight.... you'll find they grow FAST but in spurts.

As many
BSFL , small (15mm - 30mm long) silkworms, 1/5th size (20 day old) crickets (or similar sized roaches or locusts/hoppers) as it want per feed at least twice per day and plenty of UVA & UVB available 15 -16 hrs per day and your new little spikey pal will thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom