Baby beardie- New Owner- Is this behavior Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaziajs

Hello,

I got my beardie in early July of this year from petsmart. They told me he was a baby, but I don't know exactly how old he was when I got him. I have been learning so much from this website & he seems to be pretty happy. I take very good care of him & I hope I'm doing everything right.

Anyway.. I just noticed recently that he has turned much darker than he was at first, & seems to get darker every day with the exception of his tail & head, which I thought was kind of strange.

Also, just today I noticed he avoids putting his (hands? paws? claws? lol sorry I don't know what to call them) flat on the ground. He does it with his back feet as well. It seems really strange to me & I want to make sure he's okay. Does anyone know what this could mean?

I'm posting photos of him doing this.. hopefully you can see what I mean. Thanks for any input!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Were you able to post some pictures of your new baby?
Can you review your tank setup with us, such as the type/brand of UVB Lighting, the supplementation,
temperatures & diet for us so we can be sure it's all correct?
Can he/she walk & climb normally?
A lot of times, they will change color or become darker right before a shed also.
You can post pictures of the tank also, so we can see placement of the lights too.

Tracie

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I agree that you should post photos and list your lighting details so we can make sure everything is alright...But the thing where he holds his feet up and spreads them out is completely normal, they all do that while basking, they're trying to absorb all the light they can. So don't worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom