Roach chow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phyre719

I am confused. I want to make my own roach chow and have watched several videos on recipes from various people. Half of recipes call for high protein items like dog or cat food, fish food and such. Others say not to use these high protein items due to Uris acid build up and they use stuff like instant oats cornflakes wheat crackers etc. want to get opinions on what is correct.

pionus2

I love the chow from DubiDeli. When I researched making my own I ran into the same information that kept contradicting itself, depending on whose advise I was reading. I didn't want to do more harm....
Pionus2

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Definitely stay away from protein. There is a real possibility of beardies + probably other reptiles developing gout due to the dubias holding high uric acid levels.

Plant based. fresh veggies is the best food.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
You can feed your dubias the same that you feed with your beardies. All veggies, some fruit, like AHBD said all plant based :D

Mysty

Juvie Member
Cheap weetabix blocks crumbled in a shallow dish - replenish when empty. Should be within 48 hrs.
Any veg and fruit. Remove and replace daily if not all eaten.

Safest to stay under 13% protein. No petfood, fish flakes etc.

Mine are happy enough and starting to breed. In 2 months I've had one known death.

Phyre719

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the very helpful advice. I always feed the same veggies to my roaches as I do my beardie. And I just purchased some food from DubiDeli until I figured out what to put in my own mix. I will be sure not to feed too much protein. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom