Suitable tank size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMod

Hello! I am looking into getting another bearded dragon (or very least another herp). It's dimensions are 4 feet long, by 1 foot long, by 22 inches high. Do you think this is suitable for a fully grown dragon at all (or any other herp at least)?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Tank size has been debated, but it is recommended that the MINIMUM for an adult is
36x18x18

It is most recommended to at least have a
4'x2'x2'

If you are stating the width is only 1', this would be inadequate for a fully grown dragon, or a dragon longer than 12", or 1'

MadMod

Original Poster
traildrifterphalanx":1cy7ph3i said:
Tank size has been debated, but it is recommended that the MINIMUM for an adult is
36x18x18

It is most recommended to at least have a
4'x2'x2'

If you are stating the width is only 1', this would be inadequate for a fully grown dragon, or a dragon longer than 12", or 1'

Yeah, I was thinking it was quite a bit narrow. The pet store that I normally go to had this aquarium on sale (only 30 bucks!) and I just had to get it. Came with a tank heater, filter, and everything. Had to get it...

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Definitely not a bad deal.
You could do something like an aquarium if it holds water, or a giant suite for a pacman frog, but too much room stresses them out.
EDIT** could do a separating wall and do 2 pacs?

Could do a hermit crab community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom