Is my bearded dragon too fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoEjbkc.jpg

hNsAOzv.jpg

SxsxXLW.jpg

4x24cmY.jpg

hello! this is my first forum post, and this is cecil, my bearded dragon. he is about 8 and a half inches long, and i've had him since june 13 of this year. i've recently cut down his feeding to 2 times a day, 1 PM and 6 PM. his diet now consists of collard greens and butternut squash for a vegetable, crickets, grasshoppers, and once in a while, superworms. i fed him two superworms yesterday, and he took them like a champ! but, he just looks a bit fat to me? i'm not too sure, i'm a first time bearded dragon owner, please help.

edit: i didnt know i posted in the wrong topic! i deeply apologize

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
sunskittle":y8ec0job said:
hoEjbkc.jpg

hNsAOzv.jpg

SxsxXLW.jpg

4x24cmY.jpg

hello! this is my first forum post, and this is cecil, my bearded dragon. he is about 8 and a half inches long, and i've had him since june 13 of this year. i've recently cut down his feeding to 2 times a day, 1 PM and 6 PM. his diet now consists of collard greens and butternut squash for a vegetable, crickets, grasshoppers, and once in a while, superworms. i fed him two superworms yesterday, and he took them like a champ! but, he just looks a bit fat to me? i'm not too sure, i'm a first time bearded dragon owner, please help.

Not fat at all. Although, at 8 inches, he should be getting 3 feedings, unless your schedule doesn't fit it. Also, superworms are not exactly good for him right now at this size, I'd recommend to just stay with the crix, hoppers, and the greens you feed him.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Awe he is soo cute! No, he is not fat at all, he looks healthy to me. I would stay away from all the hard shell insects like mealworms and superworms. Stick to Crickets, Dubias, Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL) Mine loves them and dubias. 3 feedings are good, feed as many as he can eat within 10 to 15 mins :D

sunskittle

Original Poster
LewisBD":3jt6lj6x said:
sunskittle":3jt6lj6x said:
hoEjbkc.jpg

hNsAOzv.jpg

SxsxXLW.jpg

4x24cmY.jpg

Not fat at all. Although, at 8 inches, he should be getting 3 feedings, unless your schedule doesn't fit it. Also, superworms are not exactly good for him right now at this size, I'd recommend to just stay with the crix, hoppers, and the greens you feed him.

alright, thank you so much!

sunskittle

Original Poster
Reptilelady":95z4f24c said:
Awe he is soo cute! No, he is not fat at all, he looks healthy to me. I would stay away from all the hard shell insects like mealworms and superworms. Stick to Crickets, Dubias, Black Soldier Fly Larvae (BSFL) Mine loves them and dubias. 3 feedings are good, feed as many as he can eat within 10 to 15 mins :D

yeah, he's a lil cutie, i love him so much! thank you for the feeder suggestions. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom