OMG :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Went to a family owned pet store inn Manchester NH and saw this poor girl
89591-3027216536.jpg
I said oh no, is this a rescue? He said no those are our breeders. I said oh my what happened to her eye, (knowing sunken eyes are a sign of illness) he tells me oh it's just her age. A month ago she was perfectly fine, she just layed a clutch. Getting ready for brumation. I'm thinking, ok, which is it? I can't believe they're using unhealthy dragons for breeding. Some others in that enclosure also looked pretty ill too. So sad and frustrating :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah, they look bad. The one on top has a fat belly [ maybe full of eggs or possibly a large meal ] but the tail is very thin, she has no fat reserves left. That sunken eye means dehydration and/or illness.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Awwee poor beardies :cry: That makes me sad/cry! This is such animal cruelty! :x Its one thing to breed but to mistreat animals is another.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is one of the reasons why I find it so hard to go into pet stores. It is depressing & the dragons suffer so much, too. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom