Humidity Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm a new beard owner and during the summer where I live gets humid so the humidity in my viv fluctuates. How do I keep it at a good level? I've considered buying a dehumidifier but I want to see if theres an easier way. I've removed her water bowl and it still fluctuates. Please help I know humidity can cause respiratory problems so I need to know if theres any tricks or if I should invest in the dehumidifier?

Hi,
What are your humidity levels currently at? They should move between 30%-40%. Also whats your lighting like? Usually the stronger bulbs lower humidity.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I keep seeing posts where folks have been given poor advise about suitable temperatures and suitable relative humidity in the vivs.

Unless you live a long way from the ocean or any large lakes , is near impossible to get mid 30s % relative without using silica gel type dehumidifiers , IMO unnecessarily worrying.. I see relative humidities in the range 50% - 80% inside my home in summer even with the aircon running 24/7. This is not a problem.

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234345

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I agree with the previous poster, [ who lives in Australia where beardies are from :) ] A range of 30 all the way up to [ at times ] 75 % ] is going to be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom