Beardie Travel Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all,
I'm sure there are many carriers out there, but I decided to finally upgrade from my clunky plastic cat carrier to one a little more convenient for a beardie and I love it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EW2WHFS/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_199_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MT7CWRB4ZPMQXGRY4P2H
Size: small
Model: Richter, 8mo, 19", 463g
89300-1742505855.jpg
89300-3497303836.jpg
89300-2728659208.jpg
89300-3481766302.jpg
89300-3431494790.jpg
89300-1635558773.jpg
89300-6032918501.jpg
89300-5590087459.jpg
89300-1327960724.jpg

It's a great size for a dragon for a trip to the vet.
It has three areas to zip open, and also zipper clips to prevent accidental unzipping from the animal. It has buckles on one side so you can buckle them with a seatbelt to keep them safe so they won't go sliding with a hard brake.
The bed on the bottom is removable and stays in place with velcro. The bed is stiff width wise to keep the bag from collapsing. There are pockets, reflector tape, and it's very lightweight.

I literally just got it today, but I really love it and want to use it. Richter is my little errand buddy, and now that spring is here I'd like to go on walks with him on a leash, but could bring the bag in case he gets restless being held or just wants to ride in there.

I have a second one on the way, but that color was not available with Amazon prime

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like that it has a mesh top and car seat buckle too. I'm thinking of picking one up as well based on your earlier post about it.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I actually hoped the mesh top zipped off, but even without that, it's great.

I have the mineral blue one coming in case I needed to take both dragons with me at the same time, say an emergency or both heading to the vet. Last vet visit with Simon and Richter was a struggle with one cat carrier.

This in combination with a pop up play pen for travel I think would be great

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Shannonc":1mhp0s2u said:
I love it I may now get one for Mushu!

I highly recommend it and I haven't even had a chance to actually use it yet :lol: Of course storms rolled in the night I got it...

I've never been so excited about a bag in my life. It's adorable and perfect for a beardie. I couldn't find reviews for anyone using this for anything other than a cat or dog, but glad I went with it. Side note: my cat tried to get in and though she's a little kitty, it looked like a tight squeeze, so she can keep her plastic carrier unless I decide to get her a large. She doesn't go anywhere anyway.

The dual zipper function along with all the extra height would make it easy to implement a towel wrapped heat pad as well. I have heated front car seats, but if they needed to ride in my backseat I have an outlet back there to plug them in for longer trips or chilly days.
The mesh is also small enough that they won't be able to snag any claws if they get frantic in there.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
I have two of these for mine, there brilliant! I never feel like they're going to break or move, and there is so much space for blankets etc, which is great for Jubsie who love blankets lol :p x

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
89300-5265437984.jpg

Terrible photo, but finally road tested it on some errands. Richter slept the whole time, and buckling it kept it from sliding. He's still sleeping in it now actually

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You buckle the seatbelt alone, and on one side of the carrier there are two claps you buckle around the lap part of the seatbelt then tighten.

89300-9286221056.jpg
89300-1338654640.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah OK. That would give me some peace of mind - if Darwin would ever consider going in a carrier in the car... =)

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Knowing he was secure was a lot of peace of mind, and he slept so he was clearly comfortable.
Also worth noting, when buckled the larger zip opening faces the driver seat, but both sides zip anyway, just the other side is a half way one.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news! Super easy to clean. Put Alucard in Richter's carrier as I cleaned her enclosure and she decided to poop in it.
I removed the bottom bedding, and washed that and the carrier in the shower on sprayer, towel dried it down and hung it out to dry. Good as new.

Also my second one arrived today. Minor differences from the first one with how the buckles look and tag placement, but otherwise the same. Baby dragon claws can climb the mesh, fyi.

89300-5706269690.jpg
89300-5624683690.jpg
89300-6832305477.jpg
89300-7453215178.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom