Lights left on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiej

So I'm a newish beardie owner and my beardie Link has been doing awesome!! He was diagnosed with MBD but with proper supplementation, he is doing great! Recently, he stopped eating and I tried everything. Let me preface this convo by saying that I usually go to bed around 9:30pm and check I'm him shortly before then. Recently though I was up much later than normal (12midnight) and went down to see if he was doing okay.... ALL THE LIGHTS WERE ON!!! His timer for some reason (boyfriend possibly and by accident) had been turned off so his lights must have been on all the time for the last couple of days. Could this be his issue for not wanting to eat? Please help!!!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the constant lighting could throw off his circadian rhythm but it shouldn't cause a permanent issue. I'd just double check the timers to ensure they're working properly according to their normal schedule going forward. I'd imagine his behavior will return to normal within a few days.

joef

Hatchling Member
Yes, it probably stressed him out some also, so that could also be what causes him not to eat along with what Cooper said.

mattiej

Original Poster
Thanks for the input guys!! It's been a while since I found out about the lights and he still isn't back to normal. Help ? I've ordered critical care and I've been force feeding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom