Going on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
I am that type of animal mom that hates going away leaving my animals. I have 3 pugs and I hate leaving them because I feel no one can take better care of them than me. Now that we got a beardie I am already dreading going away for the 5 days in April. The place I got him from is a reputable reptile store which they do housing for when you go away. So that is an option if I can't find someone who will take the time with him making sure he eats what he should for 5 days. My friend who watches the pugs I don't want to load him with responsibility.
My question is how do they do when their owners are away? Especially if I bring him back from where he came. Will he hate me when I come back haha! Am I just be an over thinker here and worrying over nothing?

joef

Hatchling Member
You may be overthinking a little bit, but don't worry, I do the same. I wouldn't send him back to the place you got him, because you don't know how they might treat him there, but if you trust that place, then go ahead. The best thing to do is to have a person that you really trust watch him. Even better if they have their own reptile. He might be stressed if you take him somewhere else, so it'll probably be best to leave him at your house, but I wouldn't let the pugs by the cage by themselves just in case. So it's best to have someone you really trust watch him, but you should have him get use to the person that's watching him so that they know how to take care of your beardy, and he will hopefully like the person that's watching him.

SDragons

Juvie Member
We have an amazing Reptile store and I wouldn't hesitate for a second using their boarding services. It would really depend on the place and their employees.

Your vet may also provide boarding.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I travel quite a lot. When I'm going by car I often bring my guys along with me. When I'm flying that's not really an option so I have a friend who stops by and looks in. I just walk them through the typical routine, leave out cleaning supplies and food, etc along with a quick reference sheet for care. I've been gone for three weeks at a time and it hasn't been a problem (aside from my own anxiety). I set up a webcam on the tank so I can check in when I'm gone and that helps a bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom