Lazy bearded dragon, normal or is something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Fairly new to the site. My dragon fedor is acting strange and I want to know if i should bring him to the vet or not.

Age (year and a half to two years old)­
Size ( 21 inches)
Size of the enclosure­ (two foot by four foot)
Temperatures (cool si­de sand 75 degrees air 78 to 80) basking 114) hot side sand temp under his grass hammock 84 degrees) air temp on hot side 92 degrees)
Type of substrate (sa­nd)

My Lights are 2 solar glo all in one 160W UV/UVB/heat lamps all in one from 6" to 16" away depending on what basking side he's on, and 1 100W basking bulb to keep the temperature correct in the hot site ( tank is 4' x 2' x 2' with good ventilation)

I hope that's everything you need to know about the set up, if not please just let me know.

Diet used to be, collard greens dandelion greens strawberry, melons, blue berries sometimes small amounts of kale once a month or so, lots of horn worms, super worms, butter worms, wax worms meal worms, always dipped in calcium as the guides say.

He will only eat blueberries now small amounts maybe 2 or 3. And small amounts of dandelion greens.. Then he sleeps for the majority of the day and all night with little movement just kinda relaxes. When he does move he's very alert and fast to glass surf and climb, when he wants to come out I open his doors and he ventures around the apartment. I only let him out for an hour or so. Then I put him in and he climbs around for awhile. I'm wondering if he's going in Brummation or if something is wrong?

He will ALWAYS eat horn worms, rarely any other kind of worm right now... Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Hi, it sounds like your little guy is just brumating. However, if you think something is wrong with him you're almost always correct. Beardies will hide any injuries they have so that they don't seem like easy prey. You know your little guy best. When they're brumating they're very sleepy and don't eat too much-just keep an eye on him and if you suspect it's something else I would take him to a vet

I'm no expert but my beardie was acting abit lazy and sleeping through the day about 2 weeks ago, would always eat a wax worm if offered but wouldn't even look at his salad or phoenix worm and hoppers (locusts) like he would normally. I was worried for a little while and let him sleep. After a few days i came home from work and he was on his rock chilling like nothing had ever happened, so i offered him some roaches ( i rarely buy them as they are expensive) and he wolfed down 40 juveniles in a matter of seconds. Ive put my issue down to him being only 11 months, and wanting to brumate but not truly understanding it, either that or he's just a very fussy eater and was rebelling. I hope your little guy gets back to normal, I've read that they can brumate at a certain time of year, so i'm sure he will be back to normal in no time. Keep us up to date.

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
my bearded dragon, is like that right now too. he is ignoring his greens and barely eating his supers. i took him to the vet i was concerned and they just said he was burmating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom