Is there a Size/Age chart anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlsMom

We were given an approximate age for our new beardie, he was born to the pet store's beardies. However, we are not sure if he is the right size for his age (I think around 6 months). Also, when you measure them, is it from their nose to their tail?? Sorry if these are dumb questions....

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
How to Tell How Old A Bearded Dragon Is
Sometimes you may get a bearded dragon and not know how old he/she is. Fortunately, there are a few tricks you can use to get a general estimate of how old a bearded dragon is.
Measuring the Dragon's Size
One quick way you can determine the age of a younger dragon is by measuring the bearded dragon from head to tail. Generally, if the length of the dragon represents the age (up to a certain point).

The below chart is the average size of over 50 bearded dragons during the first 12 months:
Length (Inches)Age (Months)
3-4 in.0-1 months
5-9 in.2 months
8-11 in.3 months
9-12 in.4 months
11-16 in.5 months
11-18 in.6 months
13-20 in.8 months
16-22 in.12 months

AlsMom

Original Poster
Should we be concerned that our beardie is only 8 inches long and he is supposed to be about 5 months old? We've had him just about a month and he just did a complete shed two days ago.

burntotears

Is it possible that whoever told you the age was incorrect? That might be where the issue is arising from if he's healthy and happy and shedding fine.

AlsMom

Original Poster
burntotears":24ggy4cc said:
Is it possible that whoever told you the age was incorrect? That might be where the issue is arising from if he's healthy and happy and shedding fine.

I can check with them again. They have the mom and dad and said that the babies hatched in May. He just is pretty small compared to that chart!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AlsMom":r0015yl9 said:
Should we be concerned that our beardie is only 8 inches long and he is supposed to be about 5 months old? We've had him just about a month and he just did a complete shed two days ago.

You need to be precise, is that tail tip to snout ? or snout to vent ?

How heavy is he too ?

AlsMom

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1u6s777g said:
AlsMom":1u6s777g said:

You need to be precise, is that tail tip to snout ? or snout to vent ?

How heavy is he too ?

It was tail tip to snout. Went back to where we got him and I'm pretty confident he is younger than they said. He seems very healthy and normal. He just shed and he is beautiful.

How do you weigh them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chriziz
Top Bottom